Saturday, June 11, 2011

I Used To Be Funny

It's difficult to keep up with me, I know, but I take full blame. You are busy. You are involved with highly technical and weighty issues every day. Me? I sit home and read and write most days (the days I'm not getting pedicures), and I haven't been blogging regularly.

I am lucky to be married to a wonderful man who hates winter. Further adding to your reasons to hate me, he's retired and takes us to Costa Rica for the worst months of Iowa cold—all of them. We came back this year on April 1st. Since then, I've noticed, my blog frequency and quality has slipped into the doldrums. For this I apologize.

I have excuses, but I hate excuses, almost as much as my husband hates winter. All I know is that in reviewing my posts that were written in Costa Rica, I noticed they were really funny. (At least I thought so.) Since then? Not so much.

The good news is that I've been very productive in my writing career since I've gotten home but in different ways from my productivity levels in Costa Rica. In the 10 weeks we were there this winter, I wrote 45,000 words on my novel, developed a Twitter habit, created a Facebook Fan page, and so much more. My production since I've been home has been more "big picture" stuff, albeit of less blog-able interest. I've also recently found the erudite blog by Kristen Lamb about social networking. She has promised me fame and fortune if I blog more! (Just kidding, kind of.)

And so, dear friends and family, all 10 million of you, give or take, I will once again attempt to blog more often—three times a week from now on. Oh, the pressure! BUT, Ms. Lamb insists that I shall not bore you all with blog posts on writing... anything else is acceptable, but my deepest passion (other than my husband) is off limits. I cannot tell you about how lightning has struck me and I am closer than ever to success. You'll just have to trust me, and I'll just have to produce that novel I've been talking about, the one that caused my meltdown 10 days ago, the one I blogged about not working... well, people, it's working. And THAT is why I haven't been blogging as much.

Oh, the irony.

No comments:

Post a Comment