Monday, October 26, 2009

Day 1, Blog 1, Followers 0

Ah, the freedom of anonymity. My first entry is like writing in a secret diary, right? If anyone out there reads this... sorry for the young winding stream of consciousness. I've had my coffee this morning, so I have officially crossed the laconic/loquacious line. That can be good or bad, depending on so many, many things.

I sit, in my usual spot, at a public library... just the homeless, the jobless, and me. Outside my window is an enormous building under construction. It is the visual equivalence to my current novel: That Changes Everything. With any luck at all, I can finish (and PUBLISH) my novel before the worker ants are done and the employees move in and spill their coffee on the new carpet. Coffee, to me, is like communal wine... if I spill it, I'm likely to get down and lick it up. Do they still have to do that in Catholic churches?

All right, to make this official, I should tell you about my novel. It's the story of an ex-hedge fund manager who goes broke and moves to Brooklyn to rebuild his life. But it's really so much more than that. He, Danny King, is searching for a new love, a new life, and answers about what really happened to his mentor who died in a suspicious car accident. Think: Wall Street meets Serendipity.

Enough for today. I need to save my fingers for the real thing.

Until next time, Karolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment