Wednesday, April 6, 2011

A Fresh Start

After a ten week escape to Costa Rica, I have now been home for five days, trying to re-assimilate to my "real" life. Things are almost back to normal, piles of mail and magazines are under control, taxes are ready for my accountant, the refrigerator is full of my "normal" food (very different from my Costa Rican food). 

But what I want is to get back to writing!

There are many events in life that necessitate a Fresh Start. Most of them aren't good, but the fresh start usually is. For instance, after an injury or illness, getting back on a regular workout schedule feels great (at least for a while). Vacation may seem like heaven, but I like being productive so it feels good to get back to my desk. Perhaps a breakup or divorce might necessitate a fresh start. Or a new job, a new week, or even a new book. I guess that makes me an optimist.

I have said before, if you dread Monday mornings, change your life. Every Monday morning is a fresh start. I love Mondays, always have (For a mom with kids in school, it's the beginning of a little peace and quiet!). Very soon I will be back on my writing schedule. I recently finished the first draft of my WIP. After being away from it for about two weeks, I cannot wait to see it with fresh eyes. 

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait for April 15th to come and go so I can get my own fresh start! I love what I do but damn, I'm tired :)

    I love the new blog, this way it'll be much easier to stay in touch.

    Pav

    ReplyDelete