Thursday, July 7, 2011

Seven Things

Seven Things

Oh how do I get myself into messes like this? A dear, dear friend (i.e. An innocent Twitter acquaintance who I beat out in a live LitChat auction and have felt an obligation to ever since) tagged me for a chain mail list: Seven Things You Don't Already Know About Me. So here goes... in no particular order.

1. I love office supplies, specifically pens and pencils. It's an abnormal thing that goes back at least to 2nd grade when I used to steal the big, fat chalk from my school. Perhaps I should have known decades ago that I was meant to be a writer.

2. I say all the time that I hate TV, and yet I watch way too much of it. I deserve ridicule.

3. I would never admit to farting in public (please see the list of aforementioned dear friend Kelcey McKinley). If I were alone in a room, and let out a stinky one, then someone else walked in, I would try to describe the horrific decayed animal I had just found and disposed of the minute before they walked in.

4. When I was ten years old, I owned a horse named Brandy. The cowboy who worked on the ranch where I kept it used to sing the song "Brandy" to me, and I was in love with him.

5. Number 4 was about the same time that I used to eat every spec of an apple—core, seeds, stem—just to gain attention from other little girls who also had horses. And once, I carried a huge western saddle 6 blocks to school at lunch time. It weighed the same as me.

6. My motivation for becoming a famous writer is so that I can buy a house in Santa Barbara.

7. That whole Karma, what-goes-around-comes-around thing better be true now that I played along with this If You Don't Do This You Will Go To Hell list. Of course, this is the first one I've ever done; I usually delete them immediately. So maybe I hope it's not true...

1 comment:

  1. Karolyn, you did it! And it was fun to read, too!

    Also, you own no kind of obligation to me. I may have lost, but she extended four more critiques so I got one anyway. We're square. But if you feel you must, owe away! I'll cash every check you feel like writing. :)

    ReplyDelete